We are delighted to announce the return of Santa's Grotto this year to the Showgrounds Shopping Centre. For the interests of health & safety booking a timeslot will be required to visit Santa this year.
The number for booking is (089) 9807987
Times and dates are included in the poster.
We would like the grotto to be accessible to all children so we will be reserving some times slots each day for children with special needs. If there are any special requirements needed then let us know on the call.
We are delighted to announce that Bakers & Baristas , Costa Coffee and Shake Dog are reopening their indoor dining today for people who are fully vaccinated as well as children under 18 in their care. The government have asked coffee shops and restaurants to implement specific safety measures in order to ensure a safe environment for both the employees and customers. A publication of these measures can be found at www.gov.ie.
What is required to dine or drink indoors?
1) All adults need proof that they gave been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have recovered from the virus in the past six months. The Digital Co-vid Cert will be the primary evidence for proof of immunity.
2) Proof of ID (such as a passport or driving licence) will also be necessary to present along side your vaccination cert.
3) Contact tracing details will be taken but only one person in the group needs to give them. These will be retained for 28 days by businesses and must be compliant with GDPR.
4) There will be no time limit on tables.
5) Face coverings must be worn at all times other than when seated at your table.
6) A maximum of six people over the aged of 13 are permitted at a table. This limit of six does not include accompanying children aged 12 or younger. A total combined capacity must not exceed 15 overall.
We ask that all customers remain patient while the businesses get to grips with these new measures.
The Showgrounds is a relatively new Shopping Centre at only 12 years old and we were lucky enough to have 9 x natural ventilation panels installed in the Shopping Centre. Air blows through the vents and ensures that visitors to the Showgrounds are breathing in fresh clean air as they walk through the mall. A major plus in these challenging times.
The restrictions are easing which means the majority of stores have now reopened in the Showgrounds. Coffee shops are still only allowed to do takeaway service and indoor dining restrictions remain in place which means our restaurants are still closed. However it is great that clothing retail is back with M&S clothing , TK Maxx, Edinburgh Woollen Mills , Pamela Scott, Vila and Only back open. Argos is now open for non essential items and their computer terminals where you can check if stock is available is now open also. A&E Jewellers is back open AND BB's is back open for takeaways. And not to forget the essential stores that have been with us all through lockdown are remain open M&S food, Dealz, Iceland , McCauleys , The Gourmet Butcher, Costa , Hale and Tech Mac. New Age Photography are also back in their studio taking bookings. So we finally see a ray of light and it is great to see people back shopping again. For individual store openings please go to our opening hours tab on the website as some stores extending their trading hours for the first two weeks to allow customers to shop safely. We ask all customers to keep wearing their facemasks even if they have had their vaccination.
Due to the Level 5 restrictions coming back in for the month of January, the following businesses are closed
Edinburgh Woollen Mills
New Age Photography
Bakers & Baristas
Blush House of Beauty
The following Businesses will remain open
M&S (Food Hall & Takeaway Coffee)
Argos (Essential Items Only)
Eason (Essential Stationary)
Costa Coffee (Takeaway Only)
The Gourmet Butcher
Tech Mac (Phone Repair)
Face coverings are mandatory in the Shopping Centre and we ask all customers to sanitize their hands on entry to the Centre.